The 2022 IEEE GLOBECOM will be held at Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, 4-8 December 2022. Themed "Accelerating the Digital Transformation through Smart Communications," the conference will offer five full days of original paper presentations, tutorials, workshops, industry program with keynotes and panels from prominent research, industry and government leaders, business and industry panels, and technological exhibits. In addition to exciting technical symposia, tutorials, industry panels and exhibitions, we solicit proposals for half-day or full-day workshops, to be held on 4 or 8 December 2022.
The aim of the conference workshops is to emphasize emerging topics that are not specifically covered in the main symposia. Each workshop may include a mix of regular papers, invited presentations, keynotes and panels that encourage the participation of attendees in active discussion. Please address all questions to the Workshops Co-Chairs Mohammed Atiquzzaman, Peter Mueller, and Ying-Dar Lin.
WORKSHOP PROPOSAL FORMAT
Each workshop proposal (maximum 5 pages) must include:
- Title of the workshop
- Description of the technical issues covered, emphasizing the timeliness of the proposed workshop topics not covered or specifically addressed by the main conference symposia (1 page maximum)
- Workshop Organizers (names, affiliation and contact information)
- A short biography of the organizers (up to 200 words), highlighting any conferences/workshops chaired, especially in IEEE Globecom/ICC
- Names of potential participants, such as program committee members and invited speakers (indication that speakers have accepted to participate is a plus)
- Planned format of the workshop, including
- Duration of the workshop: Half-day, Full-day and tentative schedule
- Preferred day of workshop: Sunday December 4 or Thursday December 8, 2022
- Number of refereed papers, hot topic sessions, keynotes, panels (and panel formats) etc.
- Plan for the review of the refereed papers according to the ComSoc's academic best-practices
- Unique, creative and novel workshop formats are strongly encouraged and will be given particular consideration.
- Draft Call for Papers (max 1 page)
- A description of the publicity and promotion plan
- The workshop potential website address (if available at the time of the proposal - will be required later if the workshop proposal is accepted)
- If appropriate, a description of past versions of the workshop, including number of submitted and accepted papers, number of attendees, etc.
WORKSHOP PROPOSAL SUBMISSION
Workshop proposals should be submitted as a single PDF file online via EDAS.
Proposals that address exciting topics in creative formats that generate lively interactions among participants are highly encouraged. Examples include facilitating multi-disciplinary discussions across academicians, practitioners and policy makers leading to high impact and transformative research. Papers will be added to the IEEE GLOBECOM Conference Proceedings and submitted to IEEE Xplore.
WORKSHOP ORGANIZATION TIMELINE
Proposal Submission Deadline: 15 March 2022
Acceptance Notification: 15 April 2022
CFP for Web Posting: 25 April 2022
Workshop Paper Submission Deadline: 15 July 2022
Paper Acceptance Notification: 1 September 2022
Camera Ready: 1 October 2022